Monday, July 31, 2017

Raise 'Em and Praise Him - Testimony Tuesday! Tracey


My name is Tracey Hope Johnson. I am a 44-year-old single divorced twice, mother of 10. 

I was in a foster home at the age of 10, separated from my siblings to be reunited with them at the age of 12 but not my choice. I wanted to stay with my foster family. I met the best sister in the world while there. She is still with me and my kids call her Nana; she never left my side. 

I was beaten with extension cords for things I felt were minor because I hadn't been taught what my Mom had expected from me. I ran away, dropped out of high school, slept in cars, and was beaten up while in the streets. I didn't know what to do and nobody even asked. I had a individual attempt to rape me but I fought my way out and that was taught to me by my Mom. 

I was given eight years of common sense training from my Mother and she would pass away from AIDS in '93, while I was pregnant with my first daughter, right after her Dad was killed in '92; she was born a week after. 

Oh I didn't say, while I was in the foster home, my Dad lived two streets over and never acknowledged me. I stayed with my foster sister for a while until I became homeless in order to get my own housing for my baby. In '94 I married my high school sweetheart and we had our first baby that year; it was great. 

In '95 I had Jazmin; the physical abuse and degrading comments started and we fought like hell almost everyday. I was introduced to marijuana and cocaine by my husband, something I never did while in the streets. Here comes baby number three; my first son whom I was asked by my husband to abort. I actually called, hung up the phone and cried. He is the spitting image of him. 

In '98 I welcomed my second son and moved in with my foster sister; due to the fights, we were evicted. My sister didn't want him there so I kept the kids in the house and slept in the car. I worked since the age of 17 and with every baby their biological Grandma watched them and I paid her every two weeks. 

My sister allowed my husband to move in and the fights started back up and the putting him out happened almost every day. In '96 I did cheat on my husband and fell for another gentleman but couldn't leave him. 2001 my third son, 2004 daughter, 2005 I was pregnant and my divorce was finalized while he was cheating. In 2006 I was pregnant again thinking we could fix this. God carried me and I finally placed my Faith in his hands and left my ex-husband to never return. Oh he had another child in 2007 with the other young lady and treated us like we didn't exist. I cried everyday and prayed. 

In 2010 I found out my daughter was pregnant and I cried and she had my first grandson. The next month I lost my 14 year old daughter and my faith had turned to depression. This is a snippet of my life God knows it's so much more but My journey will be my testimony for others. #Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment