Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Raise 'Em and Praise Him - Testimony Tuesday! Cindy



Dear Reader - I am the owner of Simply Cindy blog. Today, I didn't have a testimony from another to share so I decided to post one of my own older writings. Nothing will stop me from doing the Lord's work so if no one shares a testimony - I'll step in and share one of mine, never a problem; nothing will derail the mission.
*****************************



Somebody Prayed for Me!

Good morning family. It’s with great honor that I’m here today amongst the living. Today is my birthday and I’m happy to say that I’m 51. This time last year, I was crying my eyes out for turning 50. I felt that that number represented “old” and even though I didn’t feel old or feel I looked old, I just couldn’t wrap my mind around that number. This year, 2015, I’m proud to say I’m 51 and I no longer have a problem with the number 5 anything. ;)

I’m writing this morning because I want to give credit where credit is due. What better time to do that than today on my special day! Giving thanks to my parents who raised me, who helped mold me into the lady I am today. I also want to thank the village who stepped in, Aunts, Uncles, Neighbors, and Friends that put their deposit in my bank of Cindy to help guide me and mold me. It takes a village.

I want to address this writing – “Somebody Prayed for Me”.

Feeling extremely blessed to be here today, I know somebody prayed for me. Coming out of depression from having to walk away from a job I’ve known for 19 years due to the company moving; somebody prayed for me.

Making adjustments daily after stepping out on FAITH and deciding not to return to the corporate world; somebody prayed for me. My leap of faith to relaunch my company – Cindy’s Simple Pleasures, LLC and to listen to God’s voice and direction; somebody prayed for me.

You see, working for ExxonMobil was my world. I’d been with them for 19 years, started as a Mobil employee but God had a different plan in store for my life. Somebody prayed for me. Everything that happened from my last day in the office to today has been written; it was in God’s plan for my life. Somebody prayed for me.

I pray all the time and I prayed over my decision to either relocate with the company to Texas or remain in VA. That wasn’t an easy decision to come to but I prayed and God delivered my answer. I know the voice of the Lord. I know when He answers my prayers. I’m where I’m supposed to be. This was in God’s plan for my life.

Since May 2015, when I walked out of corporate headquarters, God has been doing what He does best. He’s been working on me, preparing me to do His will. He’s been delivering and I’ve been receiving. Again, somebody prayed for me. I had to go through what I went through to be where I am. And guess what? I’m still traveling! I see a long road ahead but one that I’m not traveling down alone. God is with me so I’m “all good”. I don’t have to worry about my future, I just live in the moment and take one day at a time. My faith is strong so I have to be quiet and wait on the Lord to deliver, in His time. Working from home affords me the time to be quiet and listen. Time to receive. It affords me times like this – to write when the Spirit touches me too.

Stepping out on faith and leaving corporate to become a full-time entrepreneur had family members concerned. Somebody prayed for me. I knew what God was telling me, remember, I know how to listen. I knew this is where He wanted me so I listened and remained headstrong in making it my mission to do His will. All while somebody prayed for me.

Life isn’t easy and nothing will be handed to us on a silver platter. We’ve got to go out there and make things happen! We’ve got to do twice as much, work twice as hard but that’s okay as long as the end result is in the positive category and not the negative one. As long as we remain faithful in God Almighty and do His will, if He is for us, who can be against us? No weapon formed against me… right? Indeed. ;) Somebody prayed for me.

My morning prayers thanked God for another birthday. I thanked Him for the blessings He’s already shown me that I’ve walked into and the ones unseen but are yet to come.

If you get anything out of this message, I hope you get this… Believe. Have Faith! “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Step out on Faith today as I did and allow God to do what He does best. Receive Him today, allow your soul to be cleansed and start living a new life in Him. You will see that your day to day activities will change. You will see that you not only have a new walk but a new voice. If you want your circumstances to change, have somebody pray for you but you must allow God to step in by receiving Him today as your Lord and Savior! Somebody prayed for me, let me pray for you!

God bless you family!

One love,

Cindy*

1 comment: