Sticky Notes….Sticky Situations Daily Dose of ?!?!
Welcome back to Sticky Notes…Sticky Situations Daily Dose of ?!?! The first half of the school year is coming to an end. The holiday season is here and the kids will be unfocused and excited because of holiday programs, events, and more! It can also be a stressful time for teachers because they are trying to keep the kids focused. Practice testing still must continue and preparation for the New Year is happening. Everyone is scrambling to make it to the last school day in December! Emotions are at an all-time high!
By now, routines have been established, so there should be a flow of homework, conferences, and activities. This is the perfect time to start your school holiday organizing! Start preparing for the class party, class gifts, teacher/administrative gifts and more! There are many ways you can help your child and their teacher during this time.
- Ask your teacher for a class list and the holiday plans. Even if the teacher is unsure of the holiday plans, you can still get generic class gifts and provide your teacher a store gift card so that they can shop for the party items.
- Ask your teacher if you can be of any assistance to them during the season. You can file papers, start the cleanup and provide a bathroom break for the teacher.
- Ask your teacher for their wish list. It may be hard to get one from him/her because they don’t want to say but the thought of you asking will place a smile on their face.
- Send encouraging words and mini gifts…utilize Pinterest!
- Be patient with your teacher and child.
Mrs. Collier Greene