Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Raise 'Em and Praise Him - Testimony Tuesday! Featuring Brooke Bennett


My name is Brooke Bennett I am a rising junior at the illustrious Winston-Salem State University. My past sophomore year I went through so many tests! I felt like God was challenging my faith, but like my mom always says No test, No testimony! So I take all of my “L’s” (what my generation likes to call it) and turn them into lessons. 

I’m very involved at my school. I was the Campus Liaison for my university and Student Senate Parliamentarian. I was involved in a modeling troupe as well as whatever else my university needed. My faith was tested this past semester because I ran for SGA Vice-President and I was more than qualified for the position. I ran against a friend, I thought the position was mine; that I had it. I ended up losing. I was devastated. 

Campaigning and voting season is so big at my university so it took a lot out of me and then to see myself loose was just a slap in the face! This wasn’t the first time I lost an SGA position; I lost sophomore class president my freshman year, so I was devastated by these results. 

After the election, I tried bouncing back with being in Miss Black & Gold Scholarship Pageant. I performed to my best ability and I didn’t even place. I thought that crown was mine but God had other plans for me. Then right after I found out about these “Lessons” I thought it couldn’t get any worse, I was wrong. I received a call from Florida State saying I didn’t get into the summer law program I applied for. After all of these major “lessons” in my life, I decided to question God. I got really depressed, started eating horrible and just stayed in my room. I wasn’t being myself. I told my mom I wanted to quit school and everything. It was a horrible time in my life. With all that being said, BUT GOD! God showed me, if it’s not for you then it isn’t for you. 


At the age of 20, I have learned how strong of a person I really am. God does everything for a reason and we should not question his judgment. So this summer God has blessed me with an unpaid internship at Campbell School of Law in downtown Raleigh! The career field that I want to go into is Law so I am so grateful that God granted me this opportunity. Since it is unpaid and I work so hard at my university, God has blessed me with funding from my university! So after the doubt and depression, I started to trust God and now I am blessed with this wonderful summer opportunity. My Greater is here! I can’t wait to see what more God has in store for my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment