Monday, August 22, 2016

Alellena, My Child... by Cindy H. Reed

I wrote this to my daughter when her college - Marymount University wanted to recognize her for her academic achievements. They wanted to include something from me. Written 10/2010. (A-lena)

**********************
Alellena,

Today is another day in my life, that I get to tell you just how proud of you I am. God is good!!!

Where do I begin..... you are my heart and soul, my yesterday and my today. Without you - there'd be no me. You, baby girl - complete me.

When I think about all the accomplishments you've achieved over the years - I am proud. When I think of all the trials and tribulations you've made it through - I am proud. When you call me with excitement over a good grade or just sharing a wise decision you've made - I am proud. Nothing Sweetie brings me more joy than having you, as my child. You represent all that I am and all that I'm not.

As a little girl, you started out in a Magnet program for the Talented and Gifted and you've never stopped pushing yourself to strive and achieve your goals. Your vision has purpose and direction. From one achievement to the next - each has significant meaning to me and makes me one proud Mommy!

What you've achieved at Marymount University is nothing short of your hard work and dedication. Who knew you'd make the Dean's List your first semester, as a first-year student? When you think you might not be able to do something, you surprise me with a smile in your voice saying, "Mommy, guess what?!!!". You have no idea how much that means to me, to hear that you're happy and that you've achieved something you thought, wasn't within your reach.

This baby girl is only the beginning. I know you'll continue to make your Father and I the proud parents we are. Remember when you turned 21 and I sang to you, (doing my best dance moves) - to Stevie Wonder's - "For Once In My Life" song? Let me remind you of some of the lyrics.....

For once in my life, I have someone who needs me

Someone I've needed so long

For once, unafraid, I can go where life leads me

And somehow I know I'll be strong

For once I can touch, what my heart used to dream of

Long before I knew

Someone warm like you

Would make my dreams come true.......

Alellena, my dreams were turned into reality, the day you came into my life. God has truly blessed me with a beautiful daughter, one I will always admire. You Alellena, are my Phenomenal Woman!!!

Keep up the good work kid-o. I will ALWAYS love you!

Love,

Mommy*

No comments:

Post a Comment