Monday, April 24, 2017

Raise 'Em and Praise Him - Testimony Tuesday




Noelle 

Three years ago, I was in a very different place than I am right now. I was out of balance in almost every aspect of my life. Living and working in the City of Philadelphia, I was living it up! Not so much. 


Happy hour became more of a priority than anything else. I was ordering out almost every meal or popping a Lean Cuisine in the microwave. If a compliment was thrown my way, I instantly rebutted it with a negative response. 

Working as a court reporter I lived the news daily. Drugs, guns, domestic violence, child abuse and even homicide hearings day in and day out began to slowly wear on me.

I would go to retirement events for coworkers thinking, “I don’t think I want to do this for the next 20, 25 years of my life.” I needed something different, but what? Working nights to meet a transcript deadline and heading straight to court early the next morning was exhausting. The pressure and stress were sky high. It was a great career, trust me. Just not for me.

I had gone through three surgeries on my right wrist to have a ganglion cyst removed. The last one was actually around Thanksgiving of 2014. While on medical leave, I had met someone who I thought was the best thing ever. That relationship turned toxic with much verbal and mental abuse. I stayed because I didn’t know any better, and quite honestly I didn’t love myself enough to know that I deserved better. You see, he had an addiction to pain pills. Blinders were on. My roommate even tried to convince me and I was in denial about it. I alienated my friends and family and took his side. He loved me, right?

Christmas came around and Noelle finally had a boyfriend to bring to a family event. HUGE mistake! The “boyfriend” literally fell asleep almost face planting into his dinner plate. Again, blinders. Family’s eyes rolling and whispers all around. Blinders.

In January of 2015, I finally had enough. Something inside of me told me I WAS good enough and I DID deserve better! So I broke it off. Although devastated, I found the strength to carry on. Come February, my family had bought me a round-trip ticket to Charlotte, NC to spend time with my aunt, uncle, four nieces, and nephews. Best thing I could have ever done.

One morning while in Charlotte, I was walking home from a workout and I felt a sense of peace that THIS IS WHERE I BELONG. Move here. Start over. So…I did!

I came off medical leave and went back to work, only to give my notice a month and a half later to the City of Philadelphia. This was it. I was doing it. No matter what anyone thought. This is MY LIFE.

April of 2015, I packed everything in my car and drove on down to Charlotte, NC. My family opened their house to me in support of my “new life”. It is here I found my love for health and fitness. I was working out more and eating super clean. Heck, I was even going to the gym at 5:30 AM!!

I immersed myself in personal development and positivity. Building up my confidence by meeting new people and trying different things became a daily routine. It is here I found my “calling” if you will. Helping others improve their health, not just physically but mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

My story may or may not be relatable to you. You CAN change your story, change your life, change your circumstances! You just have to believe!


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nlandis21
Instagram: noelley7
nlandis21@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment