Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Raise 'Em and Praise Him - Testimony Tuesday! Andre



My name is Andre Wilson. I am an ordained Elder, former Deacon, host of the Morning Mover Gospel Show. The owner of Perfume City, husband, father of four daughters, and grandfather of six granddaughters. 

I was raised in Centenary, SC by my grandmother, a holy woman. I guess that's what kept me stable; she couldn't read nor write so I read the bible to her. She taught me to love God and people. 

She nor my family knew I was beaten and molested by an older female relative baby-sitter. This I suppressed for years not knowing I would later suffer from PTSD and anxiety, which almost ruined my life. I never lived with my father, my mother married when I was 12 years old and moved in with her husband which left me without both parents. 

At the age of 15, I started working at WCIG 107.1; this led to my educational demise. I was an all honors student and Beta Club member. My grades began to fall because I stayed out late deejaying in clubs late nights and the older men I hung out with started me on marijuana; which later on led me to sell weed and crack cocaine. I was arrested for arm robbery. I was in four jails in five days but thank God I didn't do it. Four people picked me out of a lineup but they caught the guy who did it. 

A few years later anxiety kicked in but I didn't know what it was and I ballooned to almost 450 pounds. I was at the point of death, then by divine nature, God sent an evangelist my way and he witnessed Jesus to me as the tears ran down my face. A few days later I was baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission if my sins and filled with the Holy Ghost in 1994. Since then I've been a counselor for youth, and advocate Sales Manager for WJAY Radio Station. I host the morning show and I've been in church ever since. I haven't smoked a cigarette, taken a drink, sold drugs, nor touched another woman besides my wife since he saved me. Oh, what a change the Lord has made in my life. It's never too late to change and make a positive impact. Don't give up on people; their season may not be your season but God is the climate changer.

My email address is andrewilson5@aol.com
Web address perfumecity.org



1 comment: