Friday, December 6, 2019

Ask AunT








     Trinette Collier Greene








Q: My husband is a sports enthusiast. He’s pretty much watching or attending sports events year round. His favorite sports are football and basketball and I’m finding myself competing, trying to get attention. He hangs with the fellas and often times they will bring their significant others to the events. I know without a doubt that he loves me. We have fun with each other and much more…I’m just not that in touch with the sports world. Am I being a whiney wife?

Signed: P.S.~Married to the Game

A: I know this scenario all too well! My husband is a sports fanatic and it seems like the seasons literally roll back to back! This is when I throw my hands up like “ I can’t win!” However, there is hope, Mrs. Wife! You are not a whiney wife and not alone. I suggest that you not compete with the world of sports…it will become exhausting and you won’t win, like that.

What you can do, if you have not already, is to schedule some days or nights to watch the games with him. I will do this because I don’t like crowds at the sports bars or it may be late games. While at home, I may order a pizza and wings (sports like foods) or make a dish. He will appreciate that and see that you are making an effort of wanting to watch the games with him. Dress up in his favorite jersey or purchase an inexpensive team shirt. I also recruited some girlfriends of mine to help understand the world of sports a little bit more!


Whatever you decide to do, make sure that it is fun and YOU are having fun. Remember to balance it. It’s ok if you don’t watch every game but be sure to do so here and there and also talk to him about taking up an interest of yours as well.

Until next time, take a moment to laugh, love, live and breathe life!

Love,
AunT

Trinette Collier Greene is a
Certified Relationship Stylist 
and
Contributing Writer



Submit your relationship questions to AskAunT@gmail.com

1 comment: