Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Raise 'Em and Praise Him - Testimony Tuesday! Edwin


Hi, my name is Edwin Kline and I am honored to share a testimony of The power of the most-high God. I trust and believe that my experience will one day encourage someone who is in over their head and ready to give up on life. 

I used to be a drug dealer. I was also a gang member, running the streets selling crack and living the kind of life that would eventually land me in jail facing the rest of my life. I was arrested in North Carolina for drug trafficking, possession of weapons of mass destruction, also with the intent to sell. 

Prior to my arrest, God gave me a warning sign through a woman; not just any woman, this woman was the owner of one of the trap houses I used to stash and sell product from. She was also a pastor. When she heard what I was doing she chose to invite me to her home instead of calling the cops. I accepted the invitation to dinner and when I walked in her home, her entire family sat a the table for dinner, unlike anything I'd ever experienced in my life. 

Before we began eating she prayed then looked my way and said God gave her a vision of my future. She saw me preaching and helping others find their way back to Christ. At the time I couldn't believe her nor did I understand what was happening. She then said, "...but you're going through some things and God is going to reveal himself to you." Fast forward and here I am, locked up, in way over my head, facing the rest of my life so I called the woman who raised me. She was a minister and she told me God spoke to her and said, whenever she speaks to me to say I must read the entire book of psalms until God speaks to me and I just knew I wasn't ever coming home. She couldn't be serious, (is what I was saying to myself) but hey, what's the worst that could happen? So I got off the phone, went to my cell and began reading. I repeated that all day and night. I attached myself to the cries of David, the cries for help, for forgiveness. I promised to change as I read and one night as I slept, a voice called my name.

I woke up still in a dream and was kneeling before God crying my heart out asking for forgiveness and He spoke and told me how much He loved me then He showed me two people that were going to help me get out of jail. One was a stranger, the other was the stranger's lawyer. After my dream, I woke up feeling better than ever. I felt free. I felt like all the time I thought I was all alone, wow, I wasn't - He was there. I couldn't explain what happened to me to just anybody so I called my Aunt the one who gave me the message. She wasn't surprised at all - although happy, she always read that bible and now I understood why. 

A few days later I met a new inmate that grew up not too far from me so we became cool, then he began telling of this great lawyer he had and right then I thought of the dream I dreamt. When I called the lawyer and explained my case to him, what he'd say next confirmed the Greatness of God! Each word he said is exactly what God said he would say when I met him. I was released and all the charges were dismissed except for a minor offense which I already had enough time in for, so I say to anyone that doesn't believe God is there - He is!

No comments:

Post a Comment