Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Raise 'Em and Praise Him - Testimony Tuesday!












As a divorced woman left with the sole responsibility to raise an 8-year daughter and a 2-year-old son, I am now a single mom overwhelmed with this tremendous blessing. I didn't always see it as a blessing because, at that time I was more consumed with the thoughts of how am I going to afford clothing, feeding and keeping a roof over our heads. My ex-husband decided not to support his children anymore so I could not see the blessing, I could not understand why God would allow this to happen to us. I couldn't see what God was doing in my life. Even though I was in despair, I must say that God took great care of us and supplied all of our needs and most of our wants! He was faithful toward us.

I married at a young age. Young in my faith, I thought that my life was going to be good. What I failed to realize was that I was moving in a direction that I never consulted with God on; if this was the direction, the path that He had for me, so He allowed me to make that decision.

After the first two years and maybe it started even before this time, the marriage was failing. We were Churchgoers and I even sang in the choir, but the marriage was failing, I had married someone who was not my soul mate or my blessing from the Lord, my ex-spouse decided to reach out to others for the things that only a wife should provide, there hence, after 10 years the marriage ended in divorce.

Here I am after 10 years of marriage, raising my children with the help of my Grandmother and Aunt, imparting in them, the Love of God, and the sweet communion of His Holy Spirit, still praying and knowing that God has us covered under His mighty wings. I believed God's words to me where He told me to leave the marriage, I heard Him loud and clear, the promise He made to me that day was “I will never leave you, nor forsake you.” I kept praying, asking the Lord to Order My Steps in His Word, asking that His Will not my will be done in my life. I did not give up on love, for God is love; I kept on believing my heart that only God could and would make the difference in my life. 

Trusting God and stepping out on pure faith, after 10 years as a single mother, at the leading of the Holy Spirit, I moved to another city and within 6 months, God brought my husband to me, the One He had for me, we met in a Holy setting (He Who Finds a Wife Finds a Good Thing and Obtains Favor From the Lord (Prov. 18:22 NKJV). God sent him to find me on that 1st day of the 1st month of the New Year! We are married now; 12 years have flown by and our love just keeps getting stronger and stronger. Our marriage is TRULY THE BLESSING of the LORD! I am a firm believer, that if He did it for me He can do it for you! Keep praying, keep believing, build your faith and trust in our mighty God and His blessings will overflow in your life. Our children are grown and successful now, and our life is full of God's everlasting Love, Grace, and Mercy.

Forever in His Love,

God's Beloved 

1 comment:

  1. What a life changing experience and testimony. I was studying, in the book of Job, last night. It is not a strange thing for God to allow His innocence children to suffer, He's sovereign and we'll never understand, in full. I do know that strength is birthed out of ensuring hard times as you have shared and God restores. Thank You Lord for Your many blessings and making your latter greater than your former. I'm rejoicing with you.
    God Bless,
    Crystal DeLoach ♡

    ReplyDelete