Saturday, February 9, 2019





   Trinette Collier Greene











Q:  My husband doesn’t like going to the doctor and I’m really concerned about his health. His family has a history of diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure. I recently read that these diseases are silent killers for black men. How do I get my husband to get checked out?

Signed: C.S.W. ~ Concerned Wife

A:  I do understand your concern. Men tend to become very stubborn and will have a 
tantrum when asked to go to the doctor. As a wife, I have to constantly beg my husband to go visit his doctor. It is frustrating because I know he will fuss and even cancel the appointments but I will reschedule! I’ve cried and cried for my husband to care about his health, however, I also had to ‘back’ off because nagging will definitely deter them from going. I literally had to pray and ask God to give me what to say and do. He showed me how to approach him gently and we were able to go to the doctor.

When we arrived at the doctor, he gave his physician permission to speak with me. I quickly pulled out my list of questions and it was on from there! He still doesn't take the initiative to contact his physician but he will talk to me if there's something concerning him. 

You have to step back and pray about it. Ask your Primary Care Physician how to have that conversation with your husband. Do not nag or frustrate in the process. Get as much information from his next of kin and pray. Let him know how much you love him and want him around for a long time!

Until next time, take a moment to laugh, love, live and breathe life!

Love,
AunT

Trinette Collier Greene is a
Certified Relationship Stylist 

and
Contributing Writer


Submit your relationship questions to AskAunT@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment