Monday, October 10, 2016

The Open Door by Cindy H Reed

Our life is comprised with many open doors. Some we walk through, some we close. Let's talk about the spiritual doors that exist in your life. How many of us know how to recognize an open door from God, versus an open door by man? To believers, God blesses us with his infinite love and mercy. We know that man can close doors in our lives but God will always open another.

When you receive a blessing - do you recognize that it is of God? Or do you believe that it's your earthly merits you stand alone on, that got you that far? Everything that is good, comes from God. Every blessing you receive, every opportunity that's presented, every milestone achieved; its a blessing from God.

God filled each one of us with purpose. With purpose come opportunity. With opportunity comes "doors". It's up to us to open each door and step through on faith. With faith anything can be achieved - God says we must first believe. Believe in him, that all things are possible.

My life decisions are based on prayer and faith. I can't have one without the other. I believe that without prayer and faith, one is stuck with life decisions, stuck in a revolving door; going round and round in a circle without direction.

I have stepped out on faith all my life. I know no other way. I've come to stand in front of many doors in my life that I've chosen to open, knowing I'd be walking through with God by my side. My most challenging door was one I'd had in front of me for years now. The one I knew was of God but I wasn't ready to have it open because of my fear of what was on the other side. My faith, where this door was concerned, was tested. How can I love God, believe and spread his message without having faith in what lie on the other side of this door, knowing it was of God? I realized I couldn't have faith "in what lie on the other side" but I needed to renew my faith in God so I could see what was on the other side of that door.

I did just that. I stopped running and I renewed my spirit. I gave myself to God once again, allowing him to let his will be done by accepting my role, whatever that may be, from him. My door was opened and I've walked through with a calm, knowing that God is with me.

Today, I am stepping into my blessings. I have seen a glimpse of the other side, I have heard the voice of the Lord. Opening that door was God's way of letting me grow; grow strong enough in the spirit to prepare me for my next steps, by walking out on faith. Opening that door and telling God I am ready, has taken me to the next stage in my life. Yea tho I walk through the valley..... Yes, God is with me. He is directing my steps, he is blessing my soul.

Do you have a door that needs to be opened? Or are you going through a revolving door with no direction or purpose for your life? Stop, take a look at yourself and analyze your thoughts and actions. Take a step today toward that door and open it by stepping out on faith. God is with you; he will see you through. Open your door today.

God's blessings upon you,

Cindy*

No comments:

Post a Comment