Saturday, December 30, 2017

Connect with Verse - Poetry Corner! Featuring: Glacia Townsend

Glacia Townsend


RIP

My foes, as well as my friends, have stabbed me in my back

You stabbed me in a main artery under a sneak attack

The scars on my back were stitched up and I was basically okay

But living after the stab to my heart, there was just no way

As my soul was leaving my body I heard the doctors say

Her heart had too many bruises we couldn’t even make her stay

We could do surgery but it would only waste our time

One Dr. said to bring her any more pain would be committing a crime

This woman has lived a short life, and according to the wounds, full of pain

I don’t know how her back never broke from carrying so many chains

Her arms and legs were shackled and no clear spot can we find in her heart

She was scarred before her life could really get a start

This young lady fought many battles taking blow after blow

And every scar tells a story but we will never really know

All she had gone through to make it this far

With every area of her body bearing the story of an enormous scar

But what we can tell is she tried to carry the weight of the world

According to her shoulders, ever since she was a little girl

Her heart was big and she wore it on her sleeve

She was pure at heart and she was very naïve

Her brain shows that she thought everyone to be a friend

She had a forgiveness factor that never would end

You could hurt her, again and again, time after time

She would forgive you at the drop of a dime

It has been said a straw can break a camel’s back

From my examination that is where she was at

It was just one more stab wound, but her heart couldn’t take any more

This was her final battle, the end of her emotional war


Written by Glacia Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment