Saturday, December 9, 2017

Connect with Verse - Poetry Corner! Featuring: Glacia Townsend


Glacia Townsend


I Write

I write because it is how I express

I write because I can’t afford a therapist

I write because my pain and pleasure becomes ink

I write because I can put down whatever I think

I write because pens and paper don’t talk back

I write because I don’t want to be an alcoholic or addicted to crack

I write because I hurt so deep inside

I write because unless I let you read… my misery, I can hide

I write because it is how I exhale

I write to keep myself out of jail

I write because self-destruction is wearing me down

I write because I am lonely although there are people around

I write because I realize it is a gift

I write because this is how I get my lift

I write because it helps me release

I write because it brings me peace

I write because who would really care anyway

I write because I have something to say

I write because people ask me too

I write because I can Pozitiv Lee speak for you

I write because it frees my soul

I write because it fills my empty hole

I write because it keeps me alive

I write because it is how I survive

I write because maybe, just maybe I could help someone

I write because rhyming it a lot of fun

I write because I don’t have a diary

I write because I am my own best friend as well as my own enemy

I write because I can speak for my hood

I write because it makes me feel so good

I write because I always feel better when I am done

I write because of my daughters and my son

I write because it helps me to understand me

I write because it gives me clarity

I write because I feel it’s what I am supposed to do

I write because if not me, then who?

I write because only I can tell my story

I write because through it all, I have to give God the Glory

I write because although it may sound a little odd

Writing helps me in my relationship with God

So now that the inner me myself and I has come to light

You too know the reason why I write

Written by Glacia Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment