Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Mindset Matters by Cassandra Williams-Herbert

              

Holiday Creative & Cheers    


It’s the most wonderful and most emotional time of the year. For many, it’s a season of joy, giving and wonders. Although all these are precious, I would like to include creative. 





































































Creative thinking helps me find ways to get in and through the holiday spirit: by indulging in bittersweet memories of the year especially during the past holidays, by helping those who are less fortunate, by watching our favorite holiday movies or hosting Christmas socials with the people we love. The joy of being creative gives me time to do something I really love. Decorating for Christmas brings me joy and holiday cheer. Christmas decorating may be simple or lavish but either way, it will help you bring the beauty and joy of the holiday spirit into your home.

Do what you love! We hear this all the time. When I was about nine years old, I had developed the mindset I could create the lifestyle I wanted when I grew up and enjoy it. It took me years to understand this process. It took time to reflect on the things that gave me life during my childhood. Often, we are told to look back to the passions that transpire in our childhood, so I thought about how I like things to appear organized, neat, elegant breathtaking in visiting, filled with peace, warmth, and love. These things were essential for me growing up. I thought about everything this young girl would want to see growing up and moving forward in life. Staying in touch with your motivator instincts is an important step in finding your passion and creative side.

One of the benefits I found was, my creative side was driven by the loss of my father. 
Before his death, I had no ideas within me but since his death, I have a stronger sense of focus, balance, order, well -being, and personal growth. Inspiration and ideas often arise seemingly out of nowhere. You will ask yourself, where in the world has this gift been hiding; being creative requires a distinct form thinking process.

For example, you have a vision about your life whether its who, what, where, how and why; plans to be a writer, speaker, designer etc. - are you producing? Are you writing, speaking - whether it's reading the announcements in church or creating your own decor? As long as you're producing, you need to know that the essential part of finding your joy is to keep doing what motivates you.

Your gift should ultimately lead to financial security, the Bible Proverbs 18:16 tells us your gift will make room for you, believing it for financial security is a defining motivator, but it comes with seeking the correct guidance for you to do what you love. Have you ever been asked the question what amount of money would you need to make your dreams come true? Well, many could not answer this question. Picture this, if money is no object - what would you do? Money cannot be overlooked but one thing is for sure, your gift will not let money dictate your choices.

Wow!!!

What a way to think about our next moves, whether it’s a dream career or turning your hobby (a gift from God) into a career. It’s great advice, but it’s not always that simple, it can be challenging if you don't know where to start. We are usually told to take the leap of faith until we start, and when we do, is when we truly find joy. I didn’t like quiche until I tried it, thanks to my Master Coach, Dr. Gail Hayes.

One of the biggest tasks you will never face is creating and activating the vision. I was at a conference that awakened my mind, body, and soul. If you are looking for something and can’t find it, then create it. These are words that would forever change the way I look at life; thoughts that would now alter my living a reality that was essential for me.

In the design of our lives, as in the design of most other things, you get better results when you are directed by your true desire to act on what makes you happy. So unless you are sure, it’s ok to continue on a journey called "options".

I found my passion and I’m grateful for that. Before you sign off, I’m Cassandra Williams-Herbert. I create my own atmosphere, my own style, make my own décor. Remember no matter what it is you want to do or become, happiness is loving what you do and doing what you love. I personally am blessed with both. “Mindset Matter.”

I create and design my lifestyle. Always Produce.


Happy Holidays!

Cassandra Williams-Herbert
Founder and Executive Director of POW-WOW, Inc.

1 comment: