Friday, December 22, 2017



Q: I’m tired of receiving the same Christmas gift each year, which is a piece of jewelry. I’m not complaining but I like many other things. How do I tell my husband that I don’t want any more jewelry?

Signed: C.G. ~ Blinged OUT

A: You are tired of being blinged out?! Well, I can understand that. It’s predictable and you want to be surprised. Most men are not familiar with a woman’s taste so they do what’s ‘normal’; learning from others and watching TV for gift ideas. If you don’t discuss your ideas with him, then most likely he will continue to get you the same thing. 

How do you tell your husband that you don’t want any more jewelry? “Baby, I love you BUT I DON’T WANT ANY MORE JEWELRY ” LOL…. Just kidding ;) Remember, men are sensitive too and their feelings/ego can easily be bruised if you don’t say it the right way. You can try the following suggestions:
  1. Men are visual so you can place pictures of things that you like around the house.
  2. Give him a list of gifts that you like.
  3. When you go out to the shopping centers, you can randomly throw little hints about items that you see.
  4. Write your favorite things on sheets of paper and have him to pull it out of the box without you knowing! Be creative!
Be mindful that they may not pick up on the clues right away but with little reminders such as hugs & kisses, they will eventually get it!

Until next time, live, laugh, and love!

Love and Happy Holidays,
AunT

Trinette Collier Green is a Certified Relationship Stylist
Submit your questions to simplycindyblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment