Monday, January 30, 2017

"Raise 'Em and Praise Him - Testimony Tuesday"


"Raise 'Em and Praise Him - Testimony Tuesday"

My name is Japonica Walker.  I have been married for over 30 years and have eight wonderful children.  

Pretty much all of my adult life I have struggled with several health issues.  The Lord had been using these health problems as a platform to learn about His kingdom program for my life.  Many of those health issues were resolved by learning to apply the principles of self-care. 

There were many areas in my life of self-disrespect and self-destruction.  Little did I know, my greatest health challenges would show up about five years ago. 

My digestive system slowed to a point where a black lump developed in my low back.  I went to the imaging center for x-rays and decided to get a breast mammogram while I was there; trying to kill two birds with one stone.  Needless to say, the technicians panicked at what they saw on the mammogram and they completely lost sight of my concern with the lump in my back.  

After another mammogram and a biopsy, the diagnosis was confirmed, Stage 1 DCIS.  

I did seek the opinions of two oncologists, but I was also seeking God's perspective on the matter.  After my second oncologist consultation, I felt in my heart that God was telling me to go holistic and to trust him. He did not ask me to trust Him for healing, but to trust Him for quality of life. I didn't know what that meant at that moment, but I took baby steps to trust him with the big "C." 

I started this journey about 3 1/2 years ago of walking thru breast cancer holistically.  The mass has diminished, the blood work looks good, and I have been experiencing my best quality of life during this "God opportunity".  

It is so easy to say we trust God until there's a crisis.  I couldn't have done this on my own.  It was hearing a word from God that gave me what I needed to learn how to walk thru and overcome some of the fears of breast cancers.






2 comments:

  1. Thank you for encouraging us through the testimonies of fellow believers. God is faithful and good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ms. Walker. Your testimony is moving. I, too, spent my life with health issues. That's where we coincide. Mine manifested through emotions. Yeah. We so think of our IQs, but it's the EQs that count. Your emotional quotient trumps intelligent, because it governs your behavior. I went a journey of seeking healing through professionals. But holistic health and herbal remedies have been my godsends. I applaud your courage to deal with the "C" word as it's called. You have blessed me with you story. I am a storyteller among other things. Yours have powerful healing and inspirational elements to them that belie your gracious calling. Keep plugging and chugging along. And keep your story fresh and thriving in the minds of others. It is serving us all as well as yourself. Stay blessed and thanks a "whole heap."

    ReplyDelete