Friday, June 1, 2018



         Trinette Collier Greene
















Q:
My faith is being tested in this
 season of my life. Seems like everything in my life is going wrong. I know God is real but sometimes I feel like He has forgotten about me. What should I do?

Signed: G.I. ~ Want to Believe

A:
Thank you for being honest with yourself and with God. I know life can seem dim at times but God has NOT forgotten you. As Christians, we are often tested in our faith. Often times it’s not fair, especially when you see others prospering, situations working out, other peoples prayers are answered or everything is just peachy! You think to yourself, I attend church regularly, I faithfully pay my tithes, I treat people with Godly love and respect and truly try to live a good life. Why is my life going wrong? What’s wrong with me? 

I can tell you from experience that nothing is wrong with you. God gives us situations that require us to rely on our faith. We believe in Him when things are going great in our lives but when trouble appears, we question Him, we began to lose hope, faith, etc… He sometimes just wants us to keep our eyes focused and really trust Him. These are the moments that we should continue building the relationship with Him.
Whenever I feel as though God has forgotten about me, I do these few things:


  1. I talk to God. I have an honest conversation about what I’m feeling and express to Him that I need help with my unbelief.
  2. I feed my spirit with affirmations, scriptures, positive music, positive places, and even people.
  3. I unplug from the world and meditate. God likes to speak to us when we are quiet and still.
  4. I like to use a visual such as a mustard seed and think about how much faith God wants us to have… just the size of a mustard seed. It’s pretty amazing when you look at it.
  5. I tell myself that each day that I wake, it’s a new beginning with new chances.
As always, I pray that this will help and everything will be all right. Stay faithful.

Until next time, laugh, live, and love life!

Love,
AunT


Trinette Collier Green is a
Certified Relationship Stylist

Submit your questions to AskAunT@gmail.com

1 comment: