Monday, July 25, 2016

No More Talking, Just Action by Cindy H. Reed

Giving honor to God, I’d like to thank Him for this wonderful opportunity to speak today.

Let us pray. Father God, we gather together on this call tonight because of your grace and mercy. We want to say thank you. Thank you for all the blessings you’ve bestowed upon us and all that are yet to come. Thank you, in Jesus name – Amen.

I was approached to speak tonight because of my company – “Cindy’s Simple Pleasures, LLC”. I’m humbled by that but I see an opportunity to showcase something more Dear to me and that’s my love for my Heavenly Father. I have no speaking qualifications – no degree in theology. I’m just a New York girl who loves the Lord.

Focusing on tonight’s theme: “No More Talking, Just Action”, I’d like to speak to you from my heart, and about who I know best, and that would be me.

2016 is a time for action and change. Procrastination is our friend when we’re faced with something we don’t feel like doing. We’ll put it off for later, tomorrow, next week, next year; we’ll put it off. Remember the saying, “Don't put off until tomorrow what can and should be done today.”

How many of us have a daily agenda or to do list that we continue moving that one thing we really don’t want to do, over to the next day and the next day and so on? Procrastination at its finest.

Every New Year, people make New Year’s Resolutions, promises to one’s self that you’re going to finally do it “this time, this year” but how many listeners know that’s really not a true reality?

If we become more faith based and more Christ like, we don’t need New Year’s Resolutions – that for the most part, never work.

The Simple Truth is that with God, All things are possible so we as a people need to put our trust in Him, and once we commit our souls to believe that all things are possible through Him – they’ll be no need to make New Year’s Resolutions, they’ll be no room for procrastination. All we need is the faith of a mustard seed.

For all those that don’t know my story, I’ll give you that abbreviated version. My Grandfather, who was a Preacher, laid hands on me at age 13. He asked the Lord for a blessing on my life, to which God delivered. I ran from calling all my young adult life. I ran from the Lord calling me out to do something. I didn’t know what that something was and I always felt, I wasn’t ready.

I’d been running and putting off God and His blessings for my life that finally, I got tired and with the encouragement of my husband, I decided to stop running. I decided it was time to stop telling folks that God wanted me to do something and how I wasn’t ready. I decided to stop Talking and take Action!
That step to stop running and take action, changed my life dramatically, as it will with yours.

Putting on the armor of God will afford us the bravery needed to do all thing in Him. With that being said, I’d like to challenge every listener tonight to put on the armor of God and walk into your purpose. Make 2016 your year of change and sustenance and allow God’s blessings to shower down on you. 

Thank you.
Cindy*






No comments:

Post a Comment