Monday, July 25, 2016

Who is it by Cindy H. Reed

My doorbell rang. Surprised because I wasn't expecting anyone today, I go to answer. I peeped through the window and saw a man standing on the other side of my door. I asked, "Who is it"?

The voice replied, "Its Satan". Confused as to why he'd come to my door, I said, "I can't help you here". He replied, "I have a gift for you". Keep in mind, I'm speaking to him through the door. I said, "I don't want anything from you, I'm a child of God". He said, "Yes, I know but this gift was specifically designed with you in mind and it has an expiration date on it". He said, "I wanted to deliver it myself".

The curious part of me asked, "What is it"? He said, "It’s a basket full of lemons". I replied with, "I don't want it and I'm allergic to too much citrus". He replied, "Oh, this won't harm you. It’s actually good for you to have a few lemons from time to time. I'm sure you know the old saying, "When life brings you lemons, make lemonade - right"? Well, these lemons are specially grown for you. The lemonade will open your eyes and help you to see things from a different perspective.

I replied with, "Leave me Satan, I don't want anything from you. I am a child of God and there's nothing that you can do for me here or anywhere. I said I don't make lemonade; when I thirst, God quenches me. This house is a Holy home and you are not wanted here. Go back to the pits of hell, where you came from because there will be no lemonade or sour grapes up in this house. And by the way - I see very clear, thank you."

He replied with, "Are you sure"? I said, "Totally" and I walked away from the door.

Imagine Satan trying to tempt me and undo what God has done. After getting over the fact that he had the nerve, the audacity, to ring my doorbell, I sat and asked myself why? What made him reach out to me? I quickly found my answer. I was feeling a little under the weather today, a couple of unexpected setbacks came my way but I never thought I was at any point and time, doubting what God promised He’d do for me. Satan got it wrong but I guess that’s what he does when you’re feeling a little blue; he’ll come from the pits of hell and make an appearance and the next thing you’re doing is justifying why he makes sense. Satan never makes sense if you’re faithfully in the Word and faithfully following the Lord.

Well, never questioning my Heavenly Father, I decided to show Satan that he has no place on my journey. I decided that since I had to run an errand, that I’d show him that God’s got me, that there’s no room for question or doubt. I went into my beauty salon – “La Boutique Beauty” (my bathroom) – lol and cut my hair, put on my makeup, to show that deadbeat that I am a child of God and not to mess with me. God’s got me, will always have me and I will always remain humbly faithful in HIM, the one and ONLY True God!

Peace,

Cindy*

No comments:

Post a Comment