Friday, December 22, 2017

Connect with Verse - Poetry Corner! Featuring - Gigi Wilkins

GIGI WILKINS


ADDICTED TO PAIN

I smile to hear myself think. I believe there's a harvest in every wink. 

I take my beatings with a side of cash. Yes sir, no sir. I will, I did, I do. 

You're just like the last one, just passing thru. You look just like the last one too, Blank. 

You feel like the last one. Cold. You smell like the last one. Pain. I sit. I wait. I believe. I hope. 

I cry. I hate You. Just as I did the last one, just passing thru. 

Drown me in this temporary state. I choose to call it comfort. 

You tell me it's everything I want to be. I tell you I'm leaving, you tell me I can't go. 

I take just one more hit. Eyes closed, mouth wet. Ooh. I feel my past coming back. 

Lonely, Anger, Poise, Praise and Regret all those I choose to call love who won't love me back. Life is that you again. Yes sir, no sir, I will, I did, I do. I can’t, I won’t.

You're just like the last one, just passing thru. 

I feel like the last one too. Blank. No beginning, no end, nowhere to belong. 

Imaginary memories I saw on the big screen, made them mine to fit in.

I smile to hear myself think, I believed there was a harvest in every wink.

Lies have taken over just so I can exist. Life you left me without a wish.

1 comment: