Friday, December 29, 2017






Q: My boyfriend is boycotting the NFL and I chose not to because it’s not that serious to me. My boyfriend says that I’m not supporting him. How do I make my boyfriend understand my rights?

Signed: M.B. ~ NFL Blues

A: This is a conversation that will be ongoing if you plan to be together. Relationships are based on trust and respect for each other, including different views of life. You will have different opinions and it’s ok. Many times it’s the perception and tone of the conversation. Quite naturally, if someone doesn’t agree with us, we tend to get a bit defensive. 


Give him your reasons for why you don’t feel the need to boycott. Let him know that you have no problem supporting him but boycotting the NFL is not something that you choose to do. There will be other events that will need you. This should open dialogue on the current events and what you both think. Don’t argue but simply discuss. My husband and I don’t share the same views on many current events BUT we respect each other and move forward. Respect is key and he has to respect your views.

Until next time, live, laugh, and love life to the fullest!

Love,
AunT

Trinette Collier Green is a Certified Relationship Stylist
Submit your questions to simplycindyblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment