Friday, October 13, 2017

Ask AunT















Dear AunT,

Q: How long should you put up with Baby Daddy/Mamma drama? 

Signed: A.L. - I've reached my Limit

A: Well, A.L., to be honest, you shouldn’t put up with any drama in your life, period! We’ve made that term a household name and think that it is normal. Baby Mamma, Baby Daddy, drama…that’s too much!

First of all, he/she is the parent of your child/children. Let me make a disclaimer, I don’t have any children of my own but I am their ‘ BonusMom’ (I just don’t like the term ’step’) and the parent of my LoveChildren has not given me any drama simply because maturity is a major factor in the situation. She knows that he has moved on with his life and vice versa. He knows that he is their father and has provided the monetary support along with raising them. Was he perfect? No! Did they have drama along the way? I’m pretty sure but I’m also guessing that it became very tiring and old. Somewhere along that journey, one of them or both had to come to some solution to work for the betterment of the children.

When you are dealing with a mature, non-toxic relationship and you know that it is about the well being of the child, then there should not be any drama. Now, I know it’s easily stated because I have not had to deal with child support, ex-boos or the family. However, you have the right to NOT allow drama in your life dealing with your child. Sometimes you have to put your foot down, bite your tongue and say “enough is enough!” Let’s be parents to our child/children! We can go on for hours discussing this topic but for starters, try to have a conversation with the other parent and look for solutions.

Until next time, chat with you later!

Love,
AunT


Trinette Collier Green is a Certified Relationship Stylist
Submit your questions to simplycindyblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment