Sunday, October 29, 2017

Cindy's Featured Artist of the Week - Carolyn



CAROLYN JEFFORDS

Carolyn Jeffords is a graphic designer. She is currently searching for a full-time position in the arts while maintaining her freelance website, Carcoal (http://carcoal.net). Carolyn attained her degree in graphic design from Francis Marion University in Florence, South Carolina. She does a little bit of everything, from advertisements to drawings to posters, to photo colorizing and restoring. You name it, Carolyn's tried it. And if she hasn’t tried it, she's willing to give it a shot!

Ever since she was a little girl she loved doing things in the arts. Carolyn was a huge movie buff, she loved to draw, she loved to sing (but had stage fright, and still does to this day), and she had a huge imagination. "Art is honestly the thing that makes me the happiest, besides spending time with my friends and family." After some experimenting in college — trying to figure out who she was and what she really wanted out of life — Carolyn finally decided to get her degree in graphic design. "I greatly enjoy making something out of imagination and adding my own interpretation to things. It also gives me great joy creating something for a client or loved one and seeing their reactions as well as hearing their words of support."


Carolyn's biggest project thus far has been a poster series for a Dutch rock band called Thursday’s Child. "I did it for my graduation project my last semester of college." Their posters were displayed during a July 7th concert in Hoofddorp. "This was hard work but it was fun. It was fun to have my project used on such a level." Carolyn's currently working on a children’s book with one of her best friends and she's doing the new newsletters for a local organization called House of Hope. They help the homeless and people in dire situations get back on their feet as well as overcome any addictions they have, help them find a job, and help them find a place to live. "I feel that is a cause we all can stand behind!"


Carolyn's a big dreamer and she seeks to do huge things with her life. She has three big goals for her life. She wants to be successful in graphic design. She then wants to gain the confidence to make a foray into music and become successful in that. Lastly, she wants to start an organization that advocates child advocacy. Besides the arts, another passion of hers is giving back and helping others. "I feel fulfilled when I am a part of something bigger than myself and when I give back to people. I know for a fact I can and will be successful in my goals. I just have to remember to not get discouraged and to be protective of my dreams. I never see myself getting complacent, and I want to do a little bit of everything in my life."

Below are a couple more samples of what Carolyn does. She does a little bit of everything! If you're interested in following her, collaborating with her, or even buying some of her work, please do not hesitate to contact her. Carolyn's always looking to meet with fellow artists and to seek new opportunities. "Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy my work!"



Carolyn Jeffords

1 comment: