Friday, May 4, 2018

Trinette Collier Green

















Q: I’m going through some personal issues and I really can’t talk to anybody about them in my circle. Is it ok to seek professional help, like a therapist? I’ve never experienced that.

Signed: B.L.~ Need to Talk

A: Therapy is an excellent tool! Seeking professional assistance should be part of your mental health regimen. It’s always been available but many, including myself, were very afraid to use it. The speculations of even thinking about going to therapy were very frightening because it was associated with mental illness, hospitals, etc… If you ever talked about seeking therapy, you were frowned upon because it was known to only help mentally ill patients. Also, if you had money, you could afford it in private. However, this is not true at all.

Seeking professional help is encouraged. Many times you just need someone outside of your normal circle to listen to you without judgment, advice, the looks, and more. When seeking therapy, it can be intimidating at first but I reassure, once you start talking and releasing, you will want to continue it on a weekly basis. It is very necessary for my mental health routine. I suggest trying it and as with any health concerns, always speak with your primary doctor and they can direct you to the therapist that’s in your network.

Until next time, laugh, live and love life!

Love,
AunT

Trinette Collier Green is a
Certified Relationship Stylist

Submit your questions to simplycindyblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment