Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Raise 'Em and Praise Him - Testimony Tuesday!



Orianna Sells

My testimony is the fact that my husband and I survived our first year of marriage. It was the most testing time of my life to date. 


John and I got married on April 21st, 2016. As soon as we left the wedding venue we started facing issues. We got pulled over and we got a ticket. We live in South Carolina, it was already dark and because we are black, there was a host of other thoughts that were swimming through my head. 

In short, I was glad we got the ticket and drove away with our lives still intact. But there was a lesson in that ticket (other than the fact that if you speed you will get punished). The lesson was that we are now tied together in every way possible because when I wanted to go out the next weekend we couldn’t because he had paid the ticket and we no longer had the money to go. So now our actions affect each other on a deeper level than when we were dating. I wasn’t ready for that but now I’m married, and that scared me. 

I like stability, I can now admit that stability has been a resource of mine for a while. There have been moments this year where I didn’t know where our next meal was coming from. There have been some moments where both of us were without jobs for months. We prayed and we heard silence. But in the midst of the silence, God made a way. Friends helped out with food, our parents made sure we didn’t get evicted, even though we didn’t tell them the full situation. All in all, I realized the depths of God’s sovereignty this year and I am so thankful that he allows me to keep breathing so I can share this story. 

God is our faithful provider and we have learned to lean on him no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment