Friday, November 17, 2017




Dear AunT,

Q:  What are the components of a strong relationship?

Signed: R.G. ~ Waiting & Ready

A:  There are many components that can build a foundation for a strong and healthy relationship. However, it really depends on the individuals.

When you enter a relationship, you must set up your expectations and start building from there. Remember, a strong foundation cannot be built after the first day or date of the relationship. It is work.

Here are some components that I incorporated during the initial dating stage;

  1. I set my expectations of what I wanted in a relationship and I shared it with my partner IN CONVERSATION! Not text, emails, gifs, or emojis….I talked!
  2. I listened and understood my partner’s expectations. It wasn’t one sided and again, it was through conversation.
  3. When we started officially dating, I did not worry about a title, I wanted to enjoy dating because my expectations were already set. Meaning, he knew that I was not looking for a one night stand or cuffing buddy. :)
  4. We built a friendship… listening and learning with each other and from each other.
  5. We took our time, being patient is essential. We allowed things to flow.
  6. We found a common denominator in our spiritual life, meaning, we prayed.
  7. We enjoyed every part of the process and are still enjoying it.
So I hope this will give you a start and I wish you the best!

Until next time, I’ll chat with you later.

Love ya,

AunT

No comments:

Post a Comment