Saturday, May 27, 2017

Leave well enough alone by Cindy H. Reed

Sitting outside on the back "enclosed" porch with Mom this morning, her dog saw something and was standing at full attention. Mom looked and showed me a lizard on the chair below. Her dog began trying to get to the lizard through the screen so I thought I'd help him out and let him go get the ugly creature!

I opened the door, her dog ran to the chair but didn't see the lizard above him. I tried getting him to see the lizard by going outside. I was just about to pick him up, for him to get a better view when the lizard moved and the dog saw him. I bolted toward the door because now the lizard was in panic mode and I didn't want any parts of him. I ran back inside the protection of the "enclosed" porch.

Mom and I watched as her dog chased the lizard who was doing his best to hide and get away from his predator. I thought it was funny and I wanted the dog to be successful in his catch. Go Pewter, get that lizard!!!!

Shortly after turning away from watching him, Mom screams at me and tells me that the damn lizard is on the chair I'm sitting in! My feet left the floor and I was in instant freak out mode! I was screaming but not loud, my hands in the air - I was a lost cause and Mom was scared so she wasn't much help to me! LOL  I was like - where is it? I was afraid to move/put my feet down; I'd seen how fast that damn lizard was and I figured when she told me he was on the leg of the chair - he'd be in the seat next to me in seconds and I was sitting in the middle of the two cushions! I was a goner!

I was freaking out so bad, asking her what I could do, where it was... I wanted off that chair - yesterday!  Mom tells me that I can run so I bolted toward her bedroom door for us to both run inside and the damn door was locked! Sh*t!  I didn't know where that freakin' lizard was until Mom told me we could get in the other door. She's freakin' out, I'm still freakin' out (I think I freaked her out more than she would've been).

We both run inside and I'm asking her how that damn lizard got in there (and it was QUICK) - appearing out of nowhere. She said he scooted under the door. Mom called for me to get her some "Awesome" cleaning spray and the broom. My Mom is my source of strength!!! She's my ROCK! She went outside while I stood back and watched from the safety of the house.  She sprayed him several times and that slowed him down. She then whacked him and tried scooting him out the door - to which she was successful after several attempts! Whew! That was an experience! My heart was beating soooo fast for the longest time!  My laptop was out there because I was going to do some work - well that didn't happen. LOL There was no way I was going back out there to sit and relax!

Here's the moral of my story - God created that freakin' lizard and it was not bothering anyone when it was on the outside of the "enclosed" porch. I should've never let Mom's dog out to get it including helping the dog to "get it"! LOL  That damn lizard winds up "getting me" in the end.  Scared the crap out of me! Leave God's creatures alone if they're not bothering you!

God bless. Cindy*

No comments:

Post a Comment