Friday, January 19, 2018




Q: Valentine’s Day is approaching and I don’t have a ‘Valentine’. I feel lonely and embarrassed. What should I do?


Signed: B.B. ~ Lonely Girl

A: I’m sorry to hear that you are already feeling lonely before the holiday has arrived. 
I'm not being sarcastic but we tend to prepare our lives for instant hurt and sorrow before thinking positive. 

Let’s do a quick inventory.

  1. What is Valentine’s Day? (Very brief history) According to the History Channel, each year February 14th is the day of romance and is named for a Christian martyr dating back to the 5th century. It is a very popular holiday but I encourage you to REALLY research this holiday in depth.
  2. Why are you feeling lonely on this day?
  3. Do you have a relationship with yourself?
  4. How do you show yourself, love?
  5. What is the definition of love?
I’m not dismissing the feelings that you are experiencing because I once felt the same. I felt lonely, I was embarrassed because it seemed as though all of my friends had dates and were receiving gifts, etc… 

However, after really praying about it and researching, my perspective changed. I began dating myself, buying gifts for self and I changed that holiday around. I also learned to LOVE myself and realized that I didn’t need a ‘special day’ to feel loved. I created my own! Have fun with it and if anyone tries to make a big issue about not having a ‘Valentine’s Day’, then you look at them, smile, and say “God loves you and so do I!” ;)

Until next time, live, laugh and love life to the fullest!

Love ya,
AunT


Trinette Collier Green is a Certified Relationship Stylist

Submit your questions to simplycindyblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment